We have a national contract in place to dispense medications to our patients from over 50,000 pharmacies across the country. Our patients can pick up their medications or have them delivered from pharmacies like CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Giant, Kroger, Target, Timberlake, and many other local pharmacies across our service area. There is no co-pay for medications covered by Blue Ridge.
We use Curaspan’s Medispan product to check drug interactions for all of our patient’s medications.
We recommend Epocrates for medication questions. Epocrates is an online resource that allows free registration to search:
- Over 3,300 brand and generic drugs
- Thousands of topics on diseases and conditions with evidence-based content
- A drug-drug interaction checker, MultiCheck
- Extensive disease images library and pill pictures
- Printable patient medication handouts
Suggested Hospice Formulary by Diagnosis: Formulary Pharmacy Information